Glenda and Graham Page
First and foremost, this is a totally private camping experience. There is only one tent at the campsite, the grounds are extensive and you have exclusive use of the campsite kitchen/dining area and bathroom. It is so private, that you can even enjoy an evening soak in the great outdoors without weather permitting! You might attract curious looks from cattle or sheep in a nearby pasture, but that’s about it! Despite the campsite’s secluded setting, you can still drive right up to your tent – no lugging of provisions and equipment over muddy fields!
The tent is a 5M Lotus Belle Outback Glamping Tent with a queen-sized bed, armchairs, bedside tables, carpet and LED lighting. All bedding is provided and is hotel-quality. There is a hypo-allergenic bamboo fibre duvet for summer, extra blankets and a natural wool duvet for chilly nights. Airbeds are provided for additional guests.
The kitchen is a well-equipped, fully enclosed space, giving you the choice of eating indoors or outside, depending on your mood (and the weather!). Dining table and chairs, gas rings, sink with hot & cold water supply and a large-capacity chilly bin to keep your provisions cold, are all provided, as are the following basics:
- Cooking oil
- Salt & pepper
- Dishwashing liquid
If required, additional cold food storage in the form of an electric fridge/freezer, is available a 2-minute walk from the campsite.
What would a camping trip be without the option of cooking in the open air? Naturally, a gas-fired BBQ is laid on for you at the campsite.
Shampoo & conditioner, bath & shower gel and body lotion are supplied.
The bathroom has a flushing toilet, sink and shower with hot water supply; toilet paper, towels and toiletries are provided. The open-air, free-standing bathtub also has hot water supply (not to mention a fabulous view of the night sky!).
In a nutshell, there isn’t any on the farm. However, there is mobile phone reception at the beach, just a few minutes’ drive from the campsite. There is no Wi-Fi currently at the campsite, but metered-Wi-Fi is available at the farm buildings. We are actively looking into providing Wi-Fi at the campsite for the further convenience of our guests.
WHAT TO BRING
- Food and drink: Please bring the food and drinks that you will need for your stay and to fill up your petrol tank. The nearest shop and petrol is a 20-minute drive away in Pirinoa.
- Suitable footwear: You are advised to bring soft-soled shoes / slippers for use inside the tent.
- Extra torches: Although a torch and lantern are supplied, extra torches, especially head torches, can be handy.
- Beach towels: for taking off the property to swim.
- Chilly-bin: an extra chilly-bin would be a good idea if you want to picnic on the beach.
If you are planning to go to the beach, please bring:
GETTING TO US
- From Martinborough
- From Featherston
Kawakawa Station is approximately 40 minutes’ drive from Martinborough. Follow signs to Lake Ferry/Cape Palliser from the town’s main square. Follow Lake Ferry Road for 30km and then turn left onto Cape Palliser Road. You will see the signpost for Kawakawa Station on the left, after 25km. If you get to Ngawi, you’ve gone too far!
Follow State Highway 53 to Martinborough. After that, follow the instructions above.
- Nearest shop:
- Nearest petrol station:
- Nearest supermarkets:
- Nearest restaurants :
Pirinoa Country Store [See Link] (20 minutes’ drive)
Pirinoa (pricier than town prices)
Martinborough - Four Square Martinborough and Four Square Jellicoe Street.
1. ‘The Land Girl Pirinoa’ Coffee House [See Link] (20 minutes’ drive)
2. Lake Ferry Hotel (30 minutes’ drive)
3. Martinborough: plenty of dining options.
Breakfast Box: $45 per couple
The breakfast box contains:
- Cereal / Muesli
- Bread and Croissant
- Kawakawa Station Honey
- Twinings Tea and Fresh Coffee
- Seasonal Fruit
- Fruit Juice
Given our “End of the World” location, please reserve your Breakfast Box at the time of booking.
THINGS TO DO
- Cape Palliser Lighthouse
- Seal colony
- Fishing village of Ngawi
- Putangirua Pinnacles Scenic Reserve
- Lake Ferry
- Martinborough vineyards and wineries
- Chill out at KKS!
- $250 per night for 2 guests
- Extra guest: $30 per night
- Maximum Capacity: 4 per tent